Sunday, February 28, 2016

Hedon by Jason Werbeloff

Review:

Hedon - Jason Werbeloff

In 2051, the Bhutanese Empire rules post-apocalyptic Shangri with iron-fisted Buddhist compassion. Happiness is compulsory, but making everyone happy isn’t easy in an overpopulated world. Breeders are ghettoed, homosexuality is mandatory, and Shangrians’ happiness levels are strictly monitored by hedometers implanted in their heads. Become depressed, or feel too happy without helping others feel the same, and The Tax Man will get angry. Very angry.

Gemini and Cyan, winners of the pregnancy lottery, are on the run. Cyan can’t fall pregnant, and Gemini is addicted to the Experience Machine. Will they evade The Tax Man, and find a way to end the brutal pleasures of Shangri?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My Review:

Hedon was the weirdest most bizarre story I've read in a really long time but it kept me oddly entertained all the way through. Should I be embarrassed to admit that I liked it? I'm not sure but in the end I think its a book that many should give a look even if in passing simply because its disturbingly fascinating.

 

 

 

 

 

My Rating:

 

 

 

 

Reviewed By:


Booklikes

Goodreads

Twitter

Google Plus

Blogger

Pinterest

 

 

Original post: kkmalott.booklikes.com/post/1350577/hedon-by-jason-werbeloff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!

Life's Too Frantic

So I haven't been around to blog since late November early December, I hope you all are doing well. I am keeping busy wi...